Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Colorful Scheme


"A Colorful Scheme"
a novel
by Shawn Trondsen

AN EXCERPT:
"We're not going to shoot him, are we?" Michael said quickly.

Languins was taken aback. "No. No, of course we're not going to shoot him. Jesus. That's why we're on this roof. We just need to photograph him. We're bank robbers, not murderers, Mike. Do you see a gun up here?"

"Well, I have one."

Languins again was taken aback. "Mike, why the hell do you have a gun?"

"I didn't know what the plan was."

"We went over the plan at breakfast!"

"I wasn't really paying attention."

"You're telling me that we're about to rob this bank in a week's time, which is a serious, serious crime, and you're not paying attention to the plan?"

"My eggs were runny. I kept trying to flag down the waitress."

"You're a lofty idiot of a man sometimes, Mike. Even in grade school."

"You copied off of me in grade school!"

"Well, then I was the loftier idiot. Watch it. Here he comes."

No comments: