Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Check Out How Deep I Am Now, Look How Simple My Needs Are


"Check Out How Deep I Am Now, Look How Simple My Needs Are"
by Kanye West

AN EXCERPT:
I am the most modest man that's ever been.

I am...the greatest...at..you know, humility. Before me, there was no humility. After me, there will be no modesty. I am the most humble man of all-time. Girls love it. They love it about me. Have you ever looked in the mirror and said, "Kanye, you are so humble and people don't appreciate that about you" and then sold a million copies of your album? Do you know how hard it is to be this humble when I work so hard to be so great?

Sure, everyone says that I brag about being the biggest hip-hop artist of all-time, but that's only because I am the biggest hip-hop artist of all-time. That's fact. That's not opinion. How am I bragging if it's the truth? A book's going to say it one day. A history book. Did everyone get on Dr. King's case when he said he was uniting people? No. And I'm a lot like Dr. King, now that I think about it.

I am bringing people together, by music and by example. I'm just like you. I mean...did you not hear 808s & Heartbreak? I am the black Phil Collins. I am the black Peter Gabriel. You know what? I am the black Genesis where I play every instrument and write every white song for every white fan. That's right. I can change color. I am a chameleon. You can't see me right now, but I'm purple as I write this.

Now I'm orange.

Now I'm a dinosaur.

Now I'm an ocean.

Now I'm a light year.

I aaaaaaaammmmm space.

So I guess I'm only like you when I choose to be, when I feel like morphing. That's right, I can morph. Have you heard 808s & Heartbreak? It's like nothing you've ever heard. A rap star singing. You didn't think it was possible. But I made it possible. I can do anything. I can fly.

Hold up.

I just flew.

Ever seen a white man fly? Nope, Superman doesn't count. Because he's not real. And I'm realer than real. I'm you. Sometimes. Look, I'll make up something right now...

I've got the organs, I've got a heart, I've got my heart broken. I've gone to work, I've felt the hurt, doing my best to not feel worse when I left the rest smoking.


Did you like that? Of course you liked it. Because I can write about love as good as I can anything else. Especially humility. Do you see how calm and collective I am now that I'm releasing 808s & Heartbreak? I'm like a whole 'nother person. You probably don't know who I am sometimes. I'm Kanye. Kanye West. Maybe you've heard of me and the things I've done. I've written about religion, politics and love. Has anyone ever done that before me? Probably not. I'm writing about love now. Love you couldn't even understand.

But it's so simple that it's complex. Can you understand that?

I've got simple needs now. I'm deep now. Give me all those awards you owe me now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am considered by alot of banks to be a genius when hacking in to people accounts & of course i quiet offend help myself. WHO AM I email meB-)martinrolfe21@googlemail.com.
NO1